Thu, Nov 02|
Entrepreneurship through Acquisition
Acquisition entrepreneurship — the buying and growing an established business — is a popular route to small business ownership. Join us to hear from experts in financing, funding and deal team-building to learn how to make a successful, profitable purchase.
Time & Location
Nov 02, 2023, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Minneapolis Club, 729 2nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55402, USA
About the event
For entrepreneurs with experience and motivation, acquisition is a profitable alternative to starting a new business or inventing a new product.
It takes a thoughtful appoach, however. You need to consider the payoff you're looking for, the role you want, the help you need, and the risk you're willing to assume.
This is where experts in entrepreneurship, funding, equity capital, and team building at each stage of the process can provide guidance.
Marshall Johnson, Investor & Entrepreneur - Northspring Partners
Ron Leaf, Partner at Platinum Management
Troy Rosenbrook, President at Highland Bank
- Initiating and financing business ownership
- Defining a traditional search fund versus a self-funded search
- Determining the amount of funding needed to finance an acquisition and how much to borrow
- Understanding who provides the equity capital for self-funded search and search funds -- and how ownership is determined
- Knowing what considerations impact the lending decision
- Building a deal team: legal, accounting and banking
- Completing a successful transaction